Can you help first year students settle into life at NTU?
CERT Mentors support new first year students with their transition into NTU, and help to build a strong sense of course community, identity and belonging. Through assisting initially in course-specific Welcome Workshops in Welcome Week, you’ll work closely with new students to help them settle into life at NTU and encourage them to take part in the many opportunities offered to students in their School, the wider university and Nottingham Trent Students’ Union. You’ll share your own experiences of being a first-year student and provide peer-to-peer support consistently throughout the academic year, signposting them to relevant services where necessary. Full training is provided.
What are the benefits of being a CERT Mentor?
- Is a paid opportunity where you’ll work casual hours, fitting around your studies and social life
- Looks great on your CV, boosting employability with skills such as Leadership, time management, communication,
problem solving, teamwork
- Is an opportunity to give back by supporting first years with their transition
- FULL training is provided
• All applicants must be current students of Nottingham Trent University
• All applicants must be entering
• All applicants must be available for two training days which will take place during the following periods:
1) The 3rd – 9th June 2019 (a choice of dates and location will be available – you’ll be asked to choose one day)
2) The week commencing 16th September 2019
Hear what Conor has to say about his experience as a CERT Mentor
How to apply
Please log in to FutureHub and search for ‘CERT’. You will find a list of positions there https://futurehub.ntu.ac.uk/students/login